2017 has been a year of many things and for me it was the year of TV. The silver screen failed to disappoint me and I watched a lot of Netflix (more than is healthy) over the past 12 months. Some of the shows debuted in 2017 some of them were new seasons of past favorites and others classics that I finally got around to. So here are my favorite shows I watched in 2017.Read More »
During the Winter Solstice last yer I recommended a bunch of short books for y’all to read since it is the shortest day in the year. Today is the Spring Equinox, where both the night and day are each roughly the same length so in honor of the Equinox today I want to recommend to you some average length books (300-400 pages) that you can easily read in a day if you wished to do so. Read More »
Title: The Rulebook
Author: Jennifer Blackwood
Release Date: May 9th 2016
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Page Count: 290
Starr Media Second-Assistant Survival Guide
1. Don’t call your hot boss the antichrist to his face.
2. Don’t stare at hot boss’s, um, package or his full sleeve of tattoos. (No. Really. Stop!)
3. Don’t get on the malicious first assistant’s bad side.
4. Don’t forget to memorize the 300-page employee manual.
5. If you value your cashmere, steer clear of boss’s dog.
6. Boss’s dimples are lust-inducing. Do. Not. Give. In.
7. “The elevator ate your clothes” is not a valid excuse for showing up to important meetings half dressed.
8. Don’t break seven of the rules within the first week of employment if you, ya know, are in dire need of money to support your sick mom.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the boss. See rule eight about sick mom.
10. Never forget the rules.