Just when life settles down the unexpected happens. I’ve been in the midst of finals and uploading here has been rather sporadic but I’m really excited for today’s post. I was recently nominated by Beth @Reading Every Night to do this ward and I am super excited to do this. Thanks for tagging me Beth cause it is my first ever award! So here are my answers for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
- Would you rather witness the beginning of the earth or the ending of the earth and why?
I would really not want to be here for the apocalypse so I think I would love to see the beginning of the earth firsthand. I feel like the end of the world would be a pretty scary time, unless we’ve all managed to colonize space and then it wouldn’t be too bad but if not the beginning of the earth would be so cool to witness.
2. Why did you call your blog what you did?
It took me a long time to come up with a name for my blog, I changed it a couple of times in the early days but in the end, I decided to stay simple and stuck with Ikram Reads a Lot. I was trying to play of the Sir Lancelot theme since I love fantasy, magic, and the medieval era but I’m pretty sure most people don’t catch that aspect of my blog name and just think that I like to read a lot which is true so there are two meanings behind that blog name.
3.What social cause do you feel the strongest about (e.g. LGBT rights, animal rights)
I’m very passionate about the Black Lives Matter movement and everything it stands for. I also feel very strongly about climate change and the environmental causes.
4.Give five amazing bloggers a shout-out, share the love.
Shout out to Michelle @FaerieFits Cait @Paper Fury Nicole @Feed Your Fiction Addiction Pamela @Reverie Society and Kristen @Metaphors and Moonlight. Y’all are awesome bloggers and your posts are absolutely amazing!
5. Post a picture of a beautiful book cover.
6. Pick your two favorite characters of all time. Now sacrifice one! (The universe is at stake)
Jace Wayland and Celaena Sardothien. I really don’t want to sacrifice either of them but since it’s for the greater good I’ll have to let Celeana go and keep Jace around for his wit and good looks.
7. If the apocalypse was coming and you had to evacuate Earth, what are three things you would take with you (both bookish and non-bookish items accepted)?
My tablet because I have hundred of books there that would be able to tide me over for awhile and I could easily write on it as well. Coffee beans so I could make a coffee plantation wherever I end up and never have to live without it. And then my last item would be a book compiling the world’s history so it wouldn’t be forgotten and because that would definitely come in handy, knowledge is the most dangerous weapon after all.
8. What would you do if you won the lottery?
The first thing I would do would be to set up a trust fund for all of my siblings so they wouldn’t have to worry about college tuition and focus on their studies. I then would probably travel the world and focus on my writing since I wouldn’t have to worry about money any longer.
9. Share one of your favorite quotes!
“We live and breathe words. …. It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them. Reading your words, what you wrote, how you were lonely sometimes and afraid, but always brave; the way you saw the world, its colors and textures and sounds, I felt–I felt the way you thought, hoped, felt, dreamt. I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you. I dreamed what you dreamed, wanted what you wanted–and then I realized that truly I just wanted you.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince
I’m currently reading Lord of Shadows and Cassandra Clare is the only thing at the forefront of m mind right now. I love every single book she’s written and I could honestly read her books millions of times and never get tired. This is one of my favorite quotes by her and it speaks to me as a reader.
10. Tell us about the last book you read; what did you love/hate about it?
The last book I read was The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss and I LOVED it. I wrote a whole review where I just gushed about the book. The thing I loved most about it would have to be the writing, it’s just so exquisite and unique and the world that Rothfuss created was amazing.
11. Share one song that you feel would be a perfect fit for your favorite book character.
A song that I feel fits Will Herondale perfectly is Shots by Imagine Dragon, it surmises him so perfectly.
Michelle @Faerie Fits
Danielle @The Blonde Likes Books
Fernanda @The Wanderlust Reader
Poulami @ Daydreaming Books
Rafael @The Royal Polar Bear Reads
and anyone else who’s interested I tag you as well!
Here are my questions…
- What is your favorite type of music to listen to while reading?
- Name three books that made you sob
- What is one thing you wished you knew before starting you’re blogging?
- What is your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading?
- What is your latest Netflix obsession?
- Tea or Coffee? (Choose wisely)
- What is your favorite type of book merch? (Candles, pins, etc)
- If you could erase your memory of one book/series and relive reading it for the first time, which book would you choose?
- What are some bad book habits of yours?
- What is the longest you’ve gone without reading a book?
- What is the greatest number of books you’ve read at any given time?
Thanks again, Beth for nominating me!!